David advises individuals and organisations across the Sports industry. He specialises in the tax, accounting and business issues for the Esports and football industries, but his work and experience also extend to many other sports in the sector.
His clients include elite Fortnite and Rocket League players, Premier League footballers, tour winning golfers and a handful of private wealth individuals.
As part of his graduate rotation, David gained experience in private client, corporate and VAT matters, allowing him to provide comprehensive and bespoke advice to his clients.
- Advice in relation to business structuring, image rights, and tax efficient use of funds for investment or personal extraction,
- Advising Players and Clubs in the football industry on the payment of intermediary fees in line with HMRC’s current policy,
- Expert in advising Esports individuals on their business structure and their worldwide footprint and tax obligations,
- Negotiating with HMRC to finalise tax enquiries for both my clients and external third parties,
- Experience with non-UK resident sportspeople and the implications of competing in the UK,
- Experience in double taxation treaties and the application of the UK Statutory Residence Test (SRT),
- Creating a network of professionals around our clients to provide complete and comprehensive advice for all of their needs.
David’s interest outside of work mirror the industries in which he works. You will find him on the golf course as often as he possibly can, at the London Stadium watching his father’s beloved West Ham or watching streamers when relaxing at home.