David is Head of the Bristol Office and is a private client partner. He is responsible for the provision of all advisory and compliance matters for his clients.
David’s client base consists principally of owner managed business, high net worth individuals and owners of landed estates and their associated enterprises.
David is a Chartered Certified Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor and provides pragmatic support and advice to meet his client’s requirements across a number of sectors. He is also a ‘responsible individual’ and supervises the provision of annual audit services for his corporate clients.
David is also a member of the firm’s Land and Rural Practice Group and Estates Discussion Group and presents annually, both internally and externally, speaking at RICS, CAAV events and Saffery Champness updates. He has previously lectured at the Royal Agricultural University and Harper Adams University supporting the masters and undergraduate Land Management programmes respectively.
- Multiple property purchase structuring for a private client.
- Intergenerational succession planning.
- BPR/APR structural reviews and advising.
- Corporate debt restructuring advice.
- Development land tax planning and strategic advisory.
- Advising on a company demerger to separate the property assets and trade whilst minimising exposure to taxation.
- Advising on the restructure of family trusts and trading entities to provide a single, consolidated entity for operating, financing and administrative purposes.
- Providing operating cash flow projections for a family trust and the beneficiary’s income needs.
- Advising on the redistribution of family assets to suit the needs of the family.
- Supporting with due diligence and advisory services on the acquisition of a working country estate.
- Reviewing client’s internal control and accounting procedures to maximise Estate Office efficiencies.
David is from a dairy farming family and prior to joining Saffery Champness, David worked on a landed estate working in the farming and property maintenance departments. He is a keen sportsman and enjoys playing golf and keeping fit. He is a keen follower of most sports and in his spare time trains his black Labrador and is also learning French.