Elizabeth specialises in advising large and complex family groups, particularly those involving trusts. Her client base ranges from landed estates and their associated enterprises, to families who have diversified away from the original family business, realising capital, and who now require private wealth advice.
As a private client adviser she also advises high net worth individuals, both those domiciled in the UK and outside the UK. Whilst Elizabeth’s role has an advisory focus, she oversees the compliance aspects on her clients, including the annual tax compliance and, where relevant, the preparation of trust accounts.
Elizabeth is a member of the firm’s Private Wealth and Estates Group, Trust Forum and Estates Discussion Group. She has presented at internal and external events including the firm’s annual Rural Business updates.
Elizabeth joined Saffery Champness at the start of 2017, after having trained in the Private Client team at a ‘Big 4’ firm. Whilst there she had a mix of UK and international clients and worked for short periods overseas in Switzerland, Monaco and Luxembourg.
- Assisting Trustees with liquidity events and providing advice on appropriate investment structures, including the establishment of new family investment vehicles.
- Advising land owners selling development land on the availability of reliefs.
- Providing advice to Family Offices on a range of matters, from ongoing compliance and efficient administration, to succession planning and educating the next generation.
- Advising individuals domiciled outside the UK on both the structuring of their financial affairs prior to commencing UK tax residence and their ongoing tax compliance once they are UK tax resident.
- Assisting clients with offshore disclosures to HMRC in respect of overseas assets.
- Delivering accounts and tax return services across complex family groups, for both the individuals and their associated entities such as family trusts and companies.
Elizabeth is married and lives in Surrey. Outside of work Elizabeth is a keen cyclist, skier and country walker. She has recently completed the Surrey Ride 100 and Velothon Wales cycle events and is in the process of walking the entire South West Coastal Path with her family.