Isla has worked within the creative industry sector for over 10 years. She provides specialist financial, accounting, audit and taxation advice to a range of clients in the sector.
Isla’s clients include film, television and video game production & distribution companies, commissioning producers and rights owners, from large US and UK studios to small budget independent producers. Isla has worked on a wide range of projects, including Star Wars, Venom, Downton Abbey, Enola Holmes, The Last Kingdom, Fall Guys and Starbound.
Isla qualified as a chartered accountant in 2015 and joined Saffery Champness the same year.
- Advising film, television and video games producers on how to access UK creative industry tax incentives.
- Advising on British cultural test qualification and assisting with submission to the BFI.
- Advising productions on how to qualify for and obtain co-production status.
- Advising on multi-territorial production structures and financing arrangements.
- Evaluating budgeted production expenditure for qualification of tax relief.
- Providing opinion letters for financiers.
- Assisting clients with corporate reporting, including audit, accounts and tax compliance.
Outside of work Isla enjoys cycling and skiing as well as spending most autumn and winter weekends playing hockey.