Jake is a Director working in Film and TV team in the London office. He has a wealth of experience in advising his clients in all aspects of statutory reporting and financing, with a specific expertise in accessing the creative sector tax reliefs.
Jake acts for a wide range of clients, from small independent film and television production companies to major US Hollywood studios, working on the very largest film and television productions made in the UK. He is also experienced in providing services to commissioning producers, rights holders, video game developers and other corporate entities.
Jake joined Saffery Champness in 2016, having previously worked for a Big Four accountancy firm.
- Advising film, television and video game producers on how to access the UK creative industry tax relief
- Advising on multi-territorial production structures and financing arrangements
- Evaluating budgeted production expenditure for qualification of UK creative industry tax relief
- Advising on BFI Cultural Test qualification and assisting with the submissions process.
- Providing letters of comfort to financiers
- Reviewing of prospective business plans prior to investment
- Assisting clients with their corporate reporting needs, including audit, accounts preparation and tax compliance.
Jake is a keen sportsman, being a member of a number of teams, and rarely misses an opportunity to kick, hit, or throw a ball around. He also enjoys traveling, cooking and watching American football.