Jamie works with owner-managed businesses, private equity backed businesses, international groups, professional practices and AIM listed companies.
Jamie is focused foremost on providing a high level of personal service to his clients and prides himself on staying close to his clients all year round. With a background in providing audit and transactional services, Jamie enjoys working alongside clients to help them realise their ambitions.
He has experience of dealing with a wide range of UK GAAP and IFRS issues, SRA Accounts Rules as well as supporting clients through the acquisition and disposal process and other transactional support services.
Jamie has experience of working across a wide range of sectors that include professional practices, marine, automotive, recruitment, technology and property.
After undertaking two international secondments within the Nexia International network, Jamie has continued to develop his network and experience of supporting international groups, both with meeting their local statutory requirements and group reporting requirements, but also with acquisitions.
Jamie joined Saffery Champness in 2019 after spending fifteen years of his career at a top 10 accountancy and investment group.
- Providing financial due diligence on acquisitions for a number of ‘buy and build’ private equity-backed businesses.
- Supporting a client through the transition to IFRS on their admission to AIM.
- Providing advice to the management team on a management buy-out with complex tax and accounting issues.
- Providing impact assessments on transition to UK GAAP/IFRS.
- Leading on the rationalisation of the UK group structure of an international group, including both the tax and accounting consequences.
- Providing support during a partnership dispute to an exiting partner, including forensic work to support a claim.
- Providing advice on working capital mechanisms and SPA support during acquisitions and disposals.
- Providing accounting support on the incorporation of a partnership.
Jamie is married with two young children and lives in Hampshire. As a family, they enjoy camping, cycling and being on the beach. Jamie is also a keen car enthusiast.
He recently became a school governor to a local village primary school, where he is able to put his finance skills to good use in a voluntary setting.