Jonathan is Head of the Harrogate office and is also a member of the firm’s Entrepreneurs National Practice Group.
Jonathan has a strong background in audit and financial reporting and specialises in advising owner-managed businesses, entrepreneurs, mid and large corporates and not-for-profit organisations based across Yorkshire.
Involved at all stages of the business life cycle, from start-up, to growth strategies through to exit planning, Jonathan provides his clients with a holistic service that encompasses strategic planning and financial forecasting, audit and accounting compliance and tax planning.
Jonathan also specialises in the delivery of audit and accountancy services across the following sectors:
- Academies and schools
- Pension scheme audit
- Solicitors/SRA reporting
Regular communication is at the heart of Jon’s delivery to his clients through both formal and informal meetings; review of management information or simply by picking up the phone. This enables Jonathan to develop great relationships with his clients and add value wherever possible.
Jonathan joined Saffery as a senior manager in April 2012 from RSM Tenon. He was promoted to partner in April 2013.
- Assisting with the sale of a client business through review of sale and purchase agreements and deal structures to ensure optimisation of consideration and tax efficient exit for shareholders.
- Assisting with business valuations for corporate clients in preparation for exit planning by shareholders.
- Advising on the accounting and tax aspects of a major group re-organisation of a UK corporate client, following significant acquisitions – reporting into overseas owners/investors.
- Advising on the simplification of complex group structures for a corporate client.
- Accounting systems reviews of a range of large and mid-tier corporate organisations.
- Implementation of financial forecasts and budget processes in commercial organisations.
- Assisting corporate clients with bank facility renewals and building alternative strategy/business plans for presentation to lenders to secure the long-term viability of their businesses.
- Assisting academy clients with first year conversion accounting issues and regulatory change.
- Performing specialist assurance reports for external regulatory bodies (including grant funding applications, ATOL/ABTA licence renewals).
Jon lives in Yorkshire with his wife Katie and his two young children Henry and Matilda. Outside of spending time with his family, Jon is keen on all sports, but especially football, and is even involved in coaching a local football team at weekends. He is also a keen golfer and enjoys travel and socialising.