Kenny is a partner in Edinburgh who joined the firm in October 2015 with specialist experience in the not-for-profit and commercial sectors.
He brings a wealth of experience, having worked with a number of large Scottish charities as auditor and adviser, and has acted as trustee on a number of charitable boards for many years.
With over 20 years’ experience, Kenny provides assurance and advisory services to Scottish charities in the theatre, arts, education and care sectors, as well as faith-based charities and grant-making organisations.
Kenny is also a member of the firm’s Not-for-Profit and Entrepreneur Groups and further specialises in financial reporting developments, more particularly, FRS 102, Charitable SORP and micro reporting developments. In addition, he is a member of a number of national committees which are at the forefront of technical development in these areas.
Kenny acts as auditor and adviser to a number of companies, families and individuals with interests in property, manufacturing, technology and professional services industries.
He is also a recognised speaker and sector commentator on financial reporting developments.
Before joining Saffery Champness, Kenny was a partner in an Edinburgh accountancy practice for 12 years.
- Auditor and adviser to large not-for-profit organisations with particular focus on the theatre, arts, education and care sectors, as well as faith-based charities and grant-making organisations.
- Auditor and adviser to owner-managed businesses with particular focus on property, manufacturing, technology and professional services industries.
- Assisting clients with governance reviews, including the review of internal financial controls and risks management
- Advice and solutions for commercial restructuring and exit solutions for shareholders
- Accounting advisory for conversion to FRS 102, Charitable SORP reporting and micro entity accounting options
Kenny is married with three young children and lives in Edinburgh. He enjoys the outdoors and has interests in running, swimming and mountain biking.
He is also a member of Gullane Golf Club and enjoys coastal walks with the family Pointer. Kenny also enjoys rugby and assists with coaching P5 rugby.