KJ specialises in tax advice regarding the mitigation of withholding taxes for high profile entertainers, specifically musicians, but also advising actors, models, and sports people.
KJ works with entertainment clients and their representatives providing them with tax advice and services to assist them to understand local domestic tax compliance in numerous territories.
KJ is also a key part of the firm’s National Practice Group which is focused on the music industry. The group’s goal is to help both established and newly emerging artists through the financial and business aspects of their careers.
- He provides UK tax advice which includes advising on the most tax efficient way of trading in the UK, and undertaking the relevant filings.
- He has extensive knowledge of the UK Foreign Entertainer Unit (FEU) regulations, which includes filing advance withholding tax clearances on behalf of artists and preparing quarterly FEU returns for productions.
- Experience working with double tax treaty agreements and the UK’s Statutory Residence Test (SRT) rules.
- Has an extensive international network of tax advisers in various territories available to him, who can advise clients on the specific information needed in order remain compliant within the territory.
- Alongside his colleagues in our Business Services Group, corporation tax and VAT departments, KJ is able to provide full financial management for his clients, giving them excellent client service and up to date financial information on request.
He has a keen interest in music, mixed martial arts, motorsports, and movies. He spends his spare time cooking newly found recipes and finding the next restaurant to visit. He always has a music or UFC event lined up to keep him busy.
KJ has trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, kickboxing and Muay Thai, and hopes to pass down some of his knowledge to his daughter as she gets older.