Lucy advises individuals, partnerships, trusts and companies on their personal and business financial and taxation affairs.
Lucy’s clients are predominantly UK-based but include non-domiciled individuals, entrepreneurs with global business interests and those seeking to both move abroad and to the UK. Through her work with AIM listed companies Lucy can also support companies using International Accounting Standards as well as UK GAAP.
Her portfolio includes clients across a variety of industries, including landed estates, charities, theatre, retail, property, consultants, as well as pension funds, FCA regulated entities and LLPs. These businesses range from small owner-managed to large companies with multiple shareholders.
Lucy also carries out forensic accounting work and business valuations, providing expert reports and supporting in cases where either a shadow expert is required or support is needed in understanding business structure, accounts and tax.
Lucy is often quoted in both national and industry media in relation to private client matters and has had features in The Financial Times, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, and The Evening Standard, amongst others.
- Assisting clients with tax planning, with a view to practical implementation of strategies and ensuring they take into account all of their personal circumstances,
- Advising on tax efficient and commercially economic business structures for clients, as well as structuring the entry and exit of individuals in businesses,
- Advising LLPs on the tax implications of their arrangements, in particular with respect to new legislation, and dealing with the individual partners’ tax advisory requirements,
- Advising clients on the impact of offshore structures in relation to their personal UK tax position,
- Advising clients on the UK tax implications of overseas moves and the sale of UK business, as well as moves to the UK,
- Assisting individuals with their personal finances, including maintaining control, review of expenditure and assisting with financial and tax planning,
- Advising on succession planning, either in a business or family environment, and ensuring that both commercial, individual and tax needs are met,
- Forensic accounting: reconstructing company accounts and forensic reviews of complex business structures, including reviewing the owner’s rights to the business and income from the business,
- Valuing businesses both for divorce and tax purposes, with valuations accepted by HM Revenue & Customs and giving evidence at the High Court in family proceedings.
Lucy enjoys cycling and running with her dog, as well as making the most of skiing in the winter months.