Mark specialises in advising owner-managed businesses in a range of sectors, from precision engineering to event planning organisations, with annual turnovers ranging from £1 million to £50 million.
Mark gives proactive advice to his clients on accounting and taxation issues to help them plan for their company’s future and improve performance.
In addition to this, Mark also undertakes the majority of the Bournemouth office’s corporate advisory work, including corporate restructuring, implementation of EIS and EMI schemes, acquisitions and disposals and share valuations.
Mark joined Saffery Champness in 1996 as a trainee and qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2000.
- Providing share valuations for commercial, inheritance tax and capital gains tax purposes.
- Advising clients on potential acquisition targets including due diligence reporting.
- Advising clients on tax efficient remuneration strategies.
- Advising on the implementation of EMI and EIS share schemes.
- Implementation of group restructuring, including demergers, management buy-ins, share capital reductions and share buy-backs.
- Preparation of independent Joint Single Expert reports for legal claims or disputes.
- Forensic services in respect of shareholder disputes or fraud cases.
- Exit and succession planning for owner managers and their business.
- Providing audit and tax compliance service to clients.
Mark and his partner have a teenage daughter and live in the New Forest. Mark enjoys watching all forms of motorsports, particularly British Touring Cars and F1.