Matthew provides advisory and compliance services to a diverse portfolio of commercial clients across a range of sectors and jurisdictions.
His portfolio includes entrepreneurs, owner-manager businesses, international businesses, and professional practices, including law firms.
Matthew’s core experience is in delivering statutory audit services to corporate clients reporting under both UK GAAP and IFRS, and navigating the logistical complexity that arises from coordinating compliance services for group engagements.
Matthew is a member of the firm’s Entrepreneurs and Professional Practices National Practices Groups, which ensures he is aware of current and upcoming developments in those sectors.
Matthew joined Saffery in 2010 as a graduate trainee and has a wealth of experience in consistently delivering excellent client service.
- Coordinating the delivery of statutory and voluntary audit services to businesses with a turnover ranging from £2 million to £150 million, under both UK GAAP and IFRS, with an emphasis on adding value through key systems and controls recommendations
- Delivering statutory audit services to UK based subsidiaries of international groups and managing the logistical complexity arising from group audit arrangements.
- Overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Providing SRA Accounts Rules Assurance services to law firms of varying size
- Providing an agreed upon procedures report on a company’s financial systems and controls
- Providing strategic and general business advice including cash flow forecasting
- Supporting with group reorganisations and providing business valuation services.
Matthew lives in Buckinghamshire with his young family, which keeps him busy outside of the office.
Matthew has re-discovered fitness and thoroughly enjoys seeking out the challenge of an obstacle race. In between spending time with his family, and training, Matthew enjoys watching Arsenal and Formula 1.