Michael is Head of National Audit at Saffery and advises businesses in a number of sectors, including manufacturing, engineering, financial services, professional practices, logistics, property, agriculture, media and entertainment, pension schemes and charities.
Michael’s wide-ranging advice to his clients includes auditing, financial reporting, tax, accounting, corporate finance transaction support, and strategic advice.
In addition to his client portfolio, Michael leads the firm’s senior audit leadership team as Head of National Audit and he is a member of the firm’s Responsible Business strategy group.
Michael joined Saffery in 2004 after training and qualifying with a Big 4 firm.
- Providing statutory audit work and tax compliance services to a range of companies and charities,
- Client asset assurance engagements,
- Advice on financial reporting and changes to accounting standards, including IFRS and UK GAAP,
- Company valuations for tax or corporate finance purposes,
- Advice on tax reliefs including R&D,
- Advice to charities on numerous issues, including VAT, trading subsidiaries, systems and controls, financial reporting and governance,
- Grant audits.
Michael is married with two children and lives in Wiltshire. He is a musician and enjoys playing gigs with his local band, as well as being a keen composer.
He is a trustee for two charities, one working to relieve poverty and the other a military heritage charity.