Nigel provides specialist advice on claiming the creative sector tax reliefs. He has a depth of experience in the UK Cultural Test and qualifying co-productions, as well as providing auditing and accounting services.
Nigel acts for a wide range of clients, from small independent film and television production companies to major US Hollywood studios and has worked on highest profile and largest film and television productions made in the UK. He also advises video game and theatre companies.
Nigel has been providing advice, audit and accounting services to the media industry for over 15 years. He regularly gives presentations to the industry on claiming the creative sector tax reliefs.
- Advising film, television and theatre producers on how to access UK creative industry tax relief.
- Advising video games producers on how to access UK creative industry tax relief.
- Providing advice on qualifying productions as British and assisting with submissions to the BFI.
- Advising on how to qualify as a formal co-production.
- Advising on multi-territorial production structures and financing arrangements.
- Evaluating budgeted production expenditure for qualification of tax relief.
- Negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs on the interpretation of tax relief legislation.
- Liaising with the BFI on cultural test applications.
- Providing general accounting and audit services.
- Assisting clients with statutory filings and tax obligations.
Nigel lives in London with his wife. He enjoys being out in the fresh air, including the daily commute to work by bicycle and spending time gardening.