Richard heads the firm’s Business Advisory Group, working particularly with internationally active businesses. In addition, Richard has significant expertise advising clients in the human capital sector, in particular recruitment businesses, and professional practices. Richard also advises businesses in other niche sectors and markets.
As well as being a Chartered Accountant, Richard is also a Chartered Tax Adviser, providing a wide range of compliance and planning services to companies and individuals.
Through his diverse domestic and international client base, Richard has considerable experience advising on cross-border issues and supporting large groups of companies and regularly works closely with other professional advisers overseas. Richard is also heavily involved with Nexia, a top 10 global network, and helps to facilitate international projects and deliver cross-border solutions.
Richard’s clients range from new start-up ventures, long-standing family businesses and large international groups. Richard advises clients with worldwide activities, including Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
Richard’s key philosophy is that he is a true client partner and looks after all the affairs of both the business and the associated individuals, bringing together both elements in a practical and tax efficient way. Richard aims to deliver this personal, tailored and private client approach to all of his clients, irrespective of their size.
As well as helping his clients with audit, tax and accounting matters, Richard is often the Board’s key trusted adviser and sounding board, and he regularly advises management on practical, strategic and commercial business issues.
Communication with clients is key for Richard and he keeps in touch regularly by attending board meetings, reviewing quarterly management accounts, holding more formal meetings in the year and simply by picking up the phone. This helps Richard to spot planning opportunities and add value for his clients.
In addition to his client work, Richard currently heads the firm’s Business Advisory Group, comprising over 100 partners and staff in London. Richard also sits on the firm’s London Operational Board and has previously served on the firm’s Management Board. Richard also sits on the board of Nexia, the top 10 global accounting network of which Saffery is a member.
- Assisting an expanding UK owned group setting up operations in the USA and Asia.
- Designing and implementing an EMI share option scheme for a growing international business.
- Providing tax planning and succession advice to shareholders of a large UK family business.
- Helping a large US based corporation structure and form their new UK operations.
- Delivering an audit of consolidated financial statements for a large international group.
- Completing financial and tax due diligence on a UK target business for an overseas acquirer.
- Performing purchase price allocation and share valuation reports for an international group.
- Supporting the owners of an international business during the recruitment of a new Finance Director.
Richard lives in East Anglia and, when not spending time with his family, also enjoys socialising, entertaining, travel, music and learning new things.