Richard joined Saffery Champness in 2015 and advises private clients and private equity executives on their tax affairs including:
- Residence, domicile and the remittance basis of taxation.
- UK resident and non-resident trust matters.
- Estate planning and inheritance tax.
- Private equity taxation.
- Property tax issues.
Richard is also a regular contributor to the firm’s publications.
- Advising on the use of a family investment company to meet a family’s tax and estate planning objectives.
- Providing advice on the taxation of carried interest and the disguised investment management fee rules for private equity executives.
- Advising non-UK domiciled individuals how to take advantage of the remittance basis of taxation.
- Advising on the Statutory Residence Test and arriving in the UK/departing from the UK.
- Advising on land pooling and associated property development tax issues.
Outside of work, Richard enjoys sport, particularly football and running.