Rick has a strong background in audit and financial reporting and specialises in advising owner-managed businesses, entrepreneurs, medium-sized, large, and international corporates based across Yorkshire. He is a member of ICAEW and ACA qualified.
Rick works closely with other member firms of Nexia, the international network of which Saffery is a member and is experienced in advising clients who prepare their financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), as well as under UK GAAP.
He is a member of the firm’s Entrepreneurs and Recruitment National Practice Groups. His clients span a multitude of sectors, including recruitment, construction, manufacturing, and professional practices.
Rick’s priority is to provide exceptional client service and ensures that he and his team deliver this all year round and builds close relationships with clients to identify and address key issues that aid continued growth and development.
Rick joined Saffery in 2022 after training and qualifying as a Chartered Accountant with RSM.
- Delivering audits for UK and International Groups alongside component auditors in multiple worldwide jurisdictions; in accordance with both IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Delivering statutory audits of large businesses and complex groups, with turnover in excess of £500m.
- Providing technical IFRS support for AIM listed companies on a number of accountancy issues including advising on reverse acquisitions and warrant transactions in accordance with IFRS 2.
- Providing value-added statutory audits with reports to management on risk management, key controls and financial benchmarking.
- Delivering statutory audits for private equity backed organisations in the healthcare industry and advising on complex property valuations.
Rick lives in Knaresborough and is married with three children. Outside of spending time with his family, Rick is keen on most sports, but especially football, golf, and skiing. His football boots are largely hung up now and his focus has shifted on slowly improving his golf handicap.