Robert is a tax partner in the London office and joined the firm in 2004 as a trainee.
He advises private clients and their businesses and his core client base is international high net worth individuals and their families. He specialises in advising non-domiciled individuals, family offices and trustees.
Robert also advises entrepreneurs and their businesses and specialises in the taxation of individuals holding cryptoassets.
Robert is a member of the firm’s International Practice Group and the Property Group. He is also a member Private Wealth Business Group within the global Nexia International network.
- Tax planning for international individuals who are arriving or leaving the UK, including the UK Statutory Residence Test, the taxation of non-domiciled individuals and the use of offshore trusts and other structures.
- Advising UK resident and non-UK resident clients on the purchase of property in the UK.
- Assisting UK and international private clients and their families with their UK tax reporting and compliance obligations.
- Providing tax advisory and other services to UK and international family offices and trustees.
- Advising entrepreneurs and their businesses in relation to:
the implementation of share incentive schemes, including associated company tax valuations and tax reporting obligations; and
associated angel investor tax reliefs such as EIS/SEIS and investor reliefs.
- Advising individuals in relation to the taxation of cryptoassets.
Robert lives in South London and is married with two young children. He enjoys watching most sports, particularly cricket and football, and remains a keen football player.