Roger supports and advises a range of commercial clients and individuals. He specialises in and has a passion for advising entrepreneurs and owner-managed/family-owned businesses. Roger works with clients from a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, creative and technology, property, recruitment, professional practices and regulated investment businesses. Roger’s clients range from new start-up ventures to well-established international groups with turnover in excess of £100 million.
In addition to his considerable experience in audit, financial reporting, group structuring and corporate finance transactional work, Roger is also a Chartered Tax Adviser. This enables him to provide efficient tax saving and planning opportunities for his clients from the detailed understanding of their business obtained.
Roger strongly believes that in order to support his clients it is vital to build a strong relationship with continual interaction. Understanding his entrepreneur clients, their businesses and their objectives, allows Roger to identify solutions and to constantly evolve underlying structures to ensure his clients’ objectives are met in the most efficient manner.
Roger is a member of the firm’s Entrepreneurs’ National Practice Group focusing on the issues affecting entrepreneurs and how as a firm we can support them. He also provides support to the local business community through his roles in various entrepreneurial and sector specific organisations and networks. This includes arranging regular seminars, business briefings and contributions to local business press.
- Providing financial and cash flow forecasting and support in attracting finance for the launch of an entrepreneur’s new product.
- Advising on tax efficient remuneration strategies for a management team, including the introduction of a tax efficient Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) share scheme.
- Providing independent single joint expert reports on legal disputes including divorce and shareholder disputes.
- Performing forensic services and reporting on claims made during an arbitration claim of a shareholder dispute.
- Provision of share valuations on trading and investment businesses including manufacturing, property and regulated companies.
- Designing group structures to achieve owners objectives including mergers/demergers, group reconstructions, capital reductions, share buy backs and management buy in’s.
- Designing and implementing investment share structures including EIS, EMI and growth share schemes.
- Exit and succession planning for business owners.
- Incorporation of a successful partnership business in to a limited company, including the valuation, tax planning and sale of the attached goodwill.
- Performing specialist assurance reports including client money systems and on the financial information of a UK subsidiary to its foreign parent.
Outside of work, Roger spends as much time as possible with his family and is the proud father of a young son. Roger also enjoys keeping fit at the gym, snowboarding and is a fan of Formula 1 motorsport. Around all of this, Roger also likes to make sure there is time for socialising and entertaining.