Sarah has over 20 years’ experience of working with many different types of client, with a particular specialism for clients in the film, music and sports industries. She has also advised clients in sectors such as property, recruitment and financial services.
She advises clients on how to structure their finance functions, identifying outsourcing solutions where appropriate, or alternatively providing training to clients’ in-house teams on the systems and procedures to adopt that will achieve more meaningful and efficient accounting information.
She has assisted many start-up businesses to plan all aspects of their finance function, and has also assisted established businesses on implementing changes within their accounting system.
Having implemented a fully tailored outsourcing solution, Sarah and her team will then continue to be involved with their clients’ businesses, ensuring compliance matters such as VAT returns and statutory accounts are attended to. The team also seeks to add value to clients by dealing with many other financial tasks on their behalf, from maintenance of their accounting records to dealing with their purchase ledger function. Sarah also regularly advises clients on their business profitability and profit extraction options, using tailored management accounts prepared by her team.
- Providing a fully outsourced finance function for a number of high profile music, sport and film clients, assisting with all aspects of their finances, including their personal finances where required.
- Dealing with a significant insurance claim on behalf of a client.
- Leading the firm’s cloud accounting strategy and advising on how cloud can assist with the impact of Making Tax Digital.
- Management and distribution of actors’ filming income, including management of reserves for tax and VAT.
- Management of publishing loans secured upon a music catalogue.
- Introducing a fully tailored outsourcing solution for an events management company, enabling them to significantly reduce debtor days and providing them with timely and accurate management information to assist them with the running of their business.
- Overseeing the incorporation of a hotel and golf club complex, which was previously trading as a partnership.
Sarah lives in Hertfordshire and is married with two children. Much of her time outside the office is taken up with family life, but wherever possible she enjoys dining out with friends, watching films and visiting local parkland for walks. Sarah also loves to travel, and favourite destinations include Australia and Italy.