Simon advises a variety of organisations, including privately owned businesses, regulated businesses, professional partnerships and not-for-profits.
His clients are mostly owner-managed businesses and include groups and international businesses covering a range of sectors, including wholesale, utilities, manufacturing, IT, property and professional practices, particularly in the legal sector.
Simon is a qualified accountant and a Chartered Tax Adviser, providing a wide range of compliance and advisory services to companies, partnerships and individuals. Being an experienced auditor and a tax adviser enables him to provide a seamless service to his clients, ensuring the needs of the business and the owners are considered in a tax efficient way.
In addition to audit and tax matters, Simon’s experience includes business acquisitions and disposals, due diligence, forensic accounting, cash flow management and financial systems appraisals.
- Providing value-added statutory audits with reports to management on risk management and cost saving opportunities,
- Advising on IFRS and FRS 102, including identifying the most tax efficient options,
- Undertaking accounting system reviews of a range of large and mid-tier corporate organisations,
- Providing due diligence on the purchase of a company by an existing client,
- Advising on the sale of a large professional partnership to a listed group,
- Providing an expert witness report in relation to a dispute between two companies,
- Advising on the winding up and capital distribution of a family farming company.
Simon lives in Lincolnshire and spends most of his spare time with his family. When time and weather permits he spends time either cycling or indulging in his passion for cars. He has an interest in all sports and enjoys playing squash. Come the winter, he also has a passion for skiing.