Simon specialises in the provision of business advisory and transaction services. He is involved in the provision of all commercial services provided by Saffery Champness in Manchester and the North West.
His focus is on delivering value added commercial support to his clients on matters such as acquisitions, fundraising, profit optimisation and grooming businesses for sale. Simon’s experience covers owner-managed businesses and listed companies and spans a broad range of industry sectors.
Simon is head of the firm’s Professional and Consultancy Services group, which specialises in advising professional services firms, regulated investment businesses and the recruitment sector. He also works with clients in sectors such as manufacturing, logistics, retail, IT and software.
Simon is involved with Nexia International, the top 10 global network that Saffery Champness is a member of, which is particularly relevant to the increasing number of his clients with activities outside the UK.
- Assisting with designing and implementing effective employee remuneration and incentive schemes.
- Providing financial due diligence reports for banks, venture capital funds and other potential purchasers/lenders.
- Preparing financial projections for the purposes of raising finance, together with assistance in sourcing and selecting the most competitive/appropriate funding package.
- Advising clients on tax efficient extraction of profits for owner-managed businesses.
- Providing value-added statutory audits with reports to management on risk management, cost saving opportunities and financial benchmarking.
Simon has two sons and enjoys skiing, walking, cycling and travel.