Stephen has significant experience in advising his clients in all aspects of statutory reporting, financing, corporate and personal tax compliance, and a specific expertise in accessing the creative sector tax reliefs.
Stephen works with a range of clients from major film studios & television broadcasters, animation studios, Video Game developers, distribution companies to independent production companies.
Stephen has worked on a broad range of projects, including the Mission Impossible franchise, Our Planet, Jack Ryan and Paddington Bear.
Stephen joined Saffery in 2012 and qualified as a chartered accountant in 2013. He has been advising clients in the media and creative sectors for 10 years. Previously to Saffery Stephen worked at KPMG.
- Advising overseas clients on viability of bringing projects to the UK and considering impact of production-specific contractual arrangements, multi-territorial production structures and financing arrangements
- Advising on access to and calculating the UK tax incentive for film and TV productions and video game developers
- Advising on British cultural test qualification and attaining co-production status for films, TV programs and video games
- Providing formal opinion letters to assist with the financing of projects
- Financial valuation of projected film and TV projects
- Assisting clients with corporate reporting, audit and statutory compliance
Stephen is a passionate Ireland and Munster rugby fan. Stephen enjoys running and film & TV.