Tim is a general client partner responsible for the provision of all advisory and compliance services, ranging from advising personally on ad-hoc transactions and tax planning, dealing with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) enquiries and investigations, systems reviews, commercial and contractual negotiations, to supervising the provision of annual audit, accounts and tax compliance services we provide.
Tim’s client base consists principally of wealthy individuals who hold significant liquid assets, family trusts and interests, and owners of landed estate and their associated charities and enterprises.
His skills base and experience enables him to give practical advice and guidance on his clients’ financial, tax and commercial issues, on the management of their investments, trusts and businesses.
Tim acts as the trusted adviser and trustee for a number of clients, where he regularly utilises his financial and tax knowledge and experience to add value and help his clients achieve their personal and financial objectives.
Tim advises clients based throughout the UK, though many have interests overseas as well. He chairs the firm’s internal knowledge-sharing discussion group, which meets quarterly to discuss topical tax and commercial issues affecting clients owning rural businesses.
- Advising on the mitigation of capital gains tax liabilities on the disposal of land and other business interests and Entrepreneurs’ Relief,
- Advising on tax and financially efficient structuring of new and expanding businesses,
- Becoming and ceasing to be UK tax resident and the tax regime for non-domiciliaries,
- Advising clients on HMRC enquiries into their financial and fiscal affairs,
- Creation and use of structures for the tax efficient investment of liquid wealth,
- Advising on the interaction of the UK, French, Australian and US tax regimes,
- Advising clients on the acquisition and disposal of land and property, including associated Stamp Duty Land Tax and VAT implications,
- The mitigation of UK inheritance tax liabilities during lifetime and on death,
- Advising clients on annual charges for high value residential properties owned by corporate entities.
Tim is married and has five children. His interests are wide ranging and include golf, cricket and skiing. He worked for three years in France before joining Saffery and has an interest in French tax matters and culture.