Tim is head of the firm’s London office, responsible for the Business Advisory, Film & Television, Tax and Private Wealth & Estates groups.
He specialises in advising private clients in relation to all aspects of their financial affairs, whether they are owners of property, investment or business wealth, through private, trust, corporate or other ownership structures.
Tim’s experience of working on both the private client side and with more commercially-focused businesses means he can provide a fresh insight and give proactive and constructive advice to a wide variety of clients. Tim seeks to add value to his clients in advising on structural matters and special projects, often seeing more clearly the detail of how proposals will translate into practice.
Having trained at Saffery Champness, Tim has a long history with the firm and the way it delivers a first-rate service to clients. He also spent some time in the middle of his career at a ‘big four’ firm, which gives him a useful perspective on how some other organisations operate.
- Advising on the succession to the next generation of a landed estate, involving multiple ownerships and activities, whilst minimising exposure to taxation and often in complex circumstances.
- Advising landowners in relation to tax and other implications of prospective property development opportunities.
- Acting as Single Joint expert to the court in relation to the tax implications of transfers between divorcing spouses, usually involving multiple properties and often with offshore and international implications.
- Acting as Single Joint Expert on business valuation matters.
- Leading due diligence and advisory services on the acquisition of landed estates for prospective domestic and international purchasers.
- Assisting executors and trustees, and acting as trustee for several clients.
Tim enjoys the countryside and lives in rural Suffolk with his wife and two teenage children, who take up most of his spare time. He is actively involved with his local parish church and holds several trustee and similar positions. His passion is skiing, he is an occasional triathlete and enjoys several other outdoor sports and activities.