Victoria is a private client tax specialist who advises HNW and UHNW individuals as well as their trustees and family offices.
Having been called to the Bar in England and Wales in 2017, she worked as UK Tax Counsel for an international trust company and then a law firm, before joining Saffery and is able to draw upon these experiences when advising her clients. She studied her MSc in Taxation at the University of Oxford and is a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser.
- UK tax planning for international clients, advising on their domicile status, the Statutory Residence Test, Double Taxation Treaties and the remittance basis.
- Advising on the purchase, holding and disposal of UK residential and commercial property, including de-enveloping and restructuring of property-holding structures.
- Advising both clients and trustees on the taxation aspects of onshore and offshore private pensions.
- Assisting clients and trustees with regards to onshore and offshore trusts, including advising on tax liabilities, wealth preservation and succession planning. Victoria has a wide trust experience including advising on employee benefit trusts and trusts for the disabled and vulnerable.
- Assisting UK and international private clients and trustees with their UK tax compliance up to date, including disclosing prior non-compliance to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Working with advisers in overseas jurisdictions to provide comprehensive advice that considers a client’s worldwide tax position.
A glutton for punishment, Victoria is working on her PhD in tax law at the University of Edinburgh. She enjoys languages, music and taking care of the ever-increasing menagerie on her smallholding.