Zena is a partner in the Bristol office. She specialises in acting for private clients in all aspects of their tax and financial affairs, whether they are owners of property, a landed estate, invested wealth or are busy running businesses.
Whilst most of her clients are predominantly UK based, they include non-domiciled and non-resident individuals and entrepreneurs with global business interests. She also has considerable experience working on HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) tax investigations and disclosures.
Zena has been with Saffery since 2005 where she joined from a ‘big four’ firm.
She is a member of the Bristol branch of the Chartered Institute of Taxation having previously been Chair. She is listed in the first and second editions of International Tax Review – Women in Tax Leaders.
Zena is a contributor to the firm’s client publications and presents at various forums internally and externally, including at the Resolution National Conference.
Zena is regularly quoted in the national press including The Times, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph and Bloomberg Tax giving insights into the ever-changing UK tax regime.
- Working with families on succession planning, reviewing the tax reliefs available and ensuring these are utilised for maximum benefit and the relevant transactions reported to HMRC. Facilitating discussions with the wider family to acknowledge changing business and family dynamics.
- Acting as a single joint tax expert witness in matrimonial matters, helping to identify and mitigate tax liabilities that arise.
- Advising non-UK domiciled individuals in relation to personal taxation.
- Advising families and individuals on their capital gains tax exposure.
- Assisting families and individuals with HMRC investigations to ensure their tax affairs are regularised in a practical manner.
- Assisting individuals with World Wide Disclosures to HMRC.
- Working with Nexia member firms to ensure a global perspective for clients with cross border issues.
- Working with families to provide advice across the generations and help bring the next generation into the family business and help align the family’s wider goals and aspirations.
Zena is married with two adult children and is a proud granny. She and the rest of her family are keen sports enthusiasts with interests in netball, rugby, cricket, athletics and cycling. She is a keep fit enthusiast and enjoys cycling, running and walking. She is currently learning to play the piano.