If you are thinking about a career in accountancy or tax but remain unsure about what kind of firm you think would best suit you, one of our summer intern placements will provide you with a good insight.
The scheme runs for four to six weeks every summer and provides a valuable insight, not just into the workings of a top 20 accountancy firm, but also the unique culture of Saffery Champness.
We understand that entering a new workplace, particularly on a temporary placement, can be an intimidating experience. That is why we go out of our way to make you feel not just welcome, but fully-integrated into the firm, giving you a full induction to help you acclimatise.
As an intern, you will be partnered with a dedicated mentor whose job it is to ensure your placement is enjoyable and challenging. During your time with us, you will benefit from a basic bookkeeping course, as well as exposure to different departments within the firm. Your mentor will chart your progress and provide regular feedback during informal appraisals.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A 2:1 degree (expected or obtained) in any discipline.
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, or equivalent, gained at one sitting.
- Excellent GSCE results with a minimum grade B in English and Maths.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a summer internship at Saffery Champness, the application process has several steps:
1) Complete an online application form. Make sure your application has no spelling or grammatical errors as these are likely to result in an automatic rejection.
2) We will send you a request to complete a written numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
3) If the tests go well, a member of our HR team will call you for an initial telephone interview.
4) Candidates still under consideration at this point will be invited to an assessment day. If you are successful, you will receive an official offer shortly afterwards.
Click here to view a list of our current vacancies.
Download our Training Opportunities Brochure