Management buy-outs and buy-ins
Management buy-outs (MBOs) and buy-ins (MBIs) are a popular form of acquisition in the UK. We offer full transaction support, from the initial feasibility evaluation of the proposed MBO/MBI and valuation of the business to help in raising funds to finance the deal.
We provide advice and support at each stage of the transaction, ensuring that an appropriate price is paid for the business within the right financial structure, potential problems are identified at the earliest opportunity, and that appropriate measures are taken to ensure the MBO team’s best possible chance of success.
We manage transactions to a successful conclusion, offering advice in the following areas:
- Business valuations.
- Feasibility and assessment of the business and the proposed MBO.
- Financial structuring to optimise the terms of the transaction.
- Tax planning to advise on corporate and personal tax planning opportunities, share incentive schemes, VAT and Stamp Duty.
- Advice and assistance in the preparation of the business plan and financial projections.
- Introduction to providers of both debt and equity finance through relationships with key providers.
- Negotiation with prospective financial backers and the vendors of the target business.
- Introduction to suitable legal advisers.