ED&I is a top priority for us. Since creating our ED&I strategy, Everyone Belongs, we’ve been building on our positive work culture, establishing a robust approach of ED&I, and implementing initiatives to strengthen a culture of inclusion and equality, led from the top.
We want everyone to belong – and thrive with us
We value diverse abilities, backgrounds, life experiences and identities. We know that to put our people first and care passionately about them, we need to take the time to understand everyone in all their diverse and unique ways.
How will we continue to do that?
To take our strategy forward, we’ll draw on existing partnerships with Access Accountancy and Top Employers and collaborate with benchmarking organisations to support us in our commitments to gender, race, and socio-economic equality.
What we’ve achieved so far
- Across our team of partners, female representation is 37%, which is significantly better than the sector average.
- We have 50/50 gender balance at Director and Senior Manager level, with men occupying a marginal majority of roles across business support services that have traditionally been occupied by women.
- Positive results from our staff engagement surveys in 2022 tell us that our people feel included and valued at Saffery.
- Our six people networks (women, race and ethnicity, social mobility, LGBTQ+, diverse abilities, faith) support underrepresented groups and influence the ED&I agenda.
- We’ve been named as one of Britain’s Top Employers for 20 consecutive years.
- In 2022, we published our Gender pay gap report*; they remain low because we work to ensure that our reward policies and practices are fair and consistent for everyone.
We know we still have work to do, but we’re dedicated to learning even more in creating equal opportunities for all of our people. Putting our people first is, and has always been, at the heart of who we are, and how we operate.
*Take a look at our previous reports: