Applying for a job at Saffery Champness? Read our hints and tips below for guidance on how to prepare during the recruitment process.
Submitting your application
- Your CV needs to demonstrate what you can bring to the role; it should not just be a list of previous jobs.
- View your application as an advert for yourself – it should make an impact and grab attention. Don’t be afraid of selling yourself.
- Remember that when you are putting your CV together it should persuade us that you’re worth meeting.
- Tailor your CV to the specific role you are applying for.
- If there are projects you have done outside of work that highlight your passion and express your personality, include it on your CV.
- Review your application before you hit send. There shouldn’t be any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
- Include a covering letter – this will be the first thing we see. It’s an opportunity for you to stand out from the crowd and persuade us to put you through to the next round.
- Including incorrect information in your application could lead to dismissal.
- Think about your answers before the interview. We will want to know about your strengths, experience and professional ambitions.
- Make sure you understand the role you are interviewing for and the sector you wish to join.
- Think about some specific examples in your career that demonstrate your skills and experience.
- Ensure you have done your research on the firm by looking at our website and social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Tell us why you want to join the firm and what is attractive about the role.