My unparalleled work ethic stems from passionately believing in what I do. The quote that “respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, trust is gained and loyalty is returned” underpins all that I do.
I have always been driven to be the best I can be and to deliver the highest level of client service. I value teamwork highly and believe that the only way to earn respect is to roll up your sleeves and not ask anything of others that you wouldn’t be prepared to do yourself.
I appreciate the strength of individuality in my team and my clients, never underestimating the value of learning about, and respecting diversity. I put my client’s interests at the forefront of all I do, and I credit working with honesty and integrity in establishing effective long-term relationships, some spanning over two decades.
I am a practitioner, not a salesman. I see my role, and that of Saffery Trust, as the conductor of the family office orchestra. It is my job to understand the role of each section and work in harmony with our clients.
I head up a family office team, managing international structures for ultra-high-net-worth families, focusing on the Middle East. I have an essential understanding of Shari’a Law and the devolution of Middle Eastern Estates.
I specialise in dealing with luxury assets and exotic investments. I manage structures involving substantial fine art, antiquities and jewellery, as well as non-standard investments such as private equity and operational businesses.
Working in partnership with my clients to achieve a common goal, it is important that I am neither a yes- or no person- My role is to be honest, do what is right and, fundamentally, what is in the best interest of the beneficiaries. I provide a sounding board and sense-check for my clients, being actively involved in strategic discussions and providing proactive solutions.
With a strong focus on putting people first, I volunteered to lead our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team, always looking for opportunities to drive positive change and give back. CSR is far from a ‘tick-box’ exercise to me; I consider it hugely important to prioritise the wellbeing of our team members and ensure that Saffery Trust plays an active role in supporting the local community. I sit on the Organising Committee for the Saffery Rotary Round Island Walk, which is one of the highest fund raising annual events in Guernsey raising substantial funds for local charitable causes.
- Secured a Blessing from the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands for a momentous decision for the distribution of high-value and complex trust assets under Shari’a Law.
- Trusteeship, administration, cash flow management, investment monitoring and reporting for a billion-dollar structure for a prominent Middle Eastern family, including housing commercial and residential property, property development interests, hotel operations, private assets and marketable investments including hedge fund and private equity investments.
- Dealing with the acquisition and exhibition of art and antiquities, including culturally sensitive pieces.
- Successful handling of the sale of a substantial branded car import, manufacturing and sales business in the Middle East, including facilitating the resolution of complex commercial, political and legal issues.
- Structuring, acquisition and operational management, including managing private sales of a substantial assets including £200 million+ UK private residence, super yachts and aircraft.
Professional memberships and listings
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of the Institute of Directors
- Featured in Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite Directory – Trustees category since 2019
- Appointed as a presiding judge for the 2017-18 STEP Private Client Awards and has since become a Member of the Panel of Experts.
- Gold Award winner at the Citywealth Magic Circle Awards for Trustee of the Year (2017 and 2021) and Outstanding Individual of the Year (2021)
- Wealthbriefing European Awards – Leading Individual Advisor 2021
- Listed as one of Eprivateclient’s “50 Most Influential” 2020 and 2023
- Citywealth Powerwomen Awards – Woman of the Year for business growth (professional services) Silver Award 2017 and 2020; Bronze Award 2018
- Featured on Citywealth Leaders List’s Top 20 Trustees since 2015
- Featured on Citywealth IFC Powerwomen Top 200 since 2017
- Featured on Citywealth Top 20 Family Office Advisors since 2020
- Featured on Citywealth Powerwomen International Top 100 2019