Alex advises high net worth individuals, trustees and family offices on their UK tax affairs, estate and succession planning. In particular, she focuses on advising UK-resident non-domiciled individuals and clients with multi-jurisdictional personal or business interests.
Alex joined Saffery in 2016. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) and a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT).
- Advising individuals on their UK tax residence status, domicile position and the use of the remittance basis, including remittance planning,
- Advising individuals and families on the UK tax implications of relocating to the UK and steps to be taken in advance, including reviewing offshore structures and advising on bank account segregation,
- The purchase, holding and disposal of UK residential property; advising on the implications of winding up structures holding UK residential property,
- Advising individuals on the tax implications of marriage and divorce, including assisting in the provision of single joint expert evidence in divorce proceedings,
- Structuring owner-managed businesses, including consideration of the tax position on exit,
- Advising families on estate and succession planning, including the use of family charters for managing family businesses and jointly held investments,
- Assisting clients in bringing their UK tax compliance up-to-date, including disclosing prior non-compliance to HM Revenue & Customs,
- Working with advisers in overseas jurisdictions to provide comprehensive advice that considers a client’s worldwide tax position.
Alex is a keen cook and enjoys both eating out and cooking at home. She also enjoys travelling and exploring new places, be it perusing the galleries and museums of Europe or scuba diving in the Galapagos Islands.