Alistair is Head of Entrepreneurs at Saffery and an experienced business adviser. He advises clients through the different cycles of business, from set up to growth, stability and exit.
His experience includes restructuring, succession, recruitment, dispute resolution, asset protection, tax efficiency, risk management, international, business planning, forecasting, acquisitions and valuations. He works closely with his clients, regularly meeting and talking to them so that he is a sounding board for the issues they face.
He is also a registered auditor experienced at dealing with the most complex audits. Trained in IFRS, Alistair acts for AIM listed companies. He is good at working with clients to optimise the impact of changes that come from new accounting and auditing standards. Technical expertise is an expected, but being able to translate this to the benefit of the corporate entity is what Alistair brings his clients.
Alistair works mainly with entrepreneurial privately owned and family businesses. The sectors he focuses on are agribusinesses, construction, food & drink, transport & logistics, manufacturers, wholesalers, professional practices and IT companies. His skills include audit, IFRS, due diligence for acquirers, business planning and strategic advice.
Alistair has built a new portfolio of clients since joining the Peterborough office in 2013. He organises dinners/forums for entrepreneurs and business leaders to talk about their experiences for the forum’s benefit and debate. Alistair’s passion is around business and entrepreneurship and these forums provide a wonderful opportunity to share knowledge and experiences.
- Advising family-owned businesses,
- Dealing with large privately-owned groups with international dimensions,
- Restructuring groups for asset protection and tax efficiency,
- Providing due diligence for acquirers, on behalf of banks and funders,
- Acting as reporting accountants on AIM listings,
- Demerger of businesses to facilitate exit,
- Supporting clients with the sale of their businesses,
- Optimising the use of tax losses in groups,
- Tax reliefs in R&D tax credits, capital allowances and patent box,
- Interviewing new FDs for clients.
Alistair is married with three children and lives in Nottinghamshire. His family are dairy farmers and entrepreneurs based in Somerset and Dorset. He has never lost the desire to be close to farming and has specialised in agribusiness and food & drink to draw from his personal experience and passion.
He is a keen sportsman, playing golf, hockey and tennis and follows football, cricket and rugby. He and his family love spending time in Portugal.