Callum is a Director in the VAT advisory team and he advises a wide range of clients including corporates, charities and not for profit, and landed estates.
Callum has significant experience in advising financial services and Fintech organisations and educational institutions. He often provides advice on property transactions including acquisitions and disposals, construction and refurbishments/renovations.
Callum is a member of the firm Professional Practices and Financial Services Practice Group.
- Identifying and negotiating VAT refunds in excess of £4m for several asset finance providers.
- Identifying an opportunity for a challenger bank to recover VAT of £400k and agreeing the refund with HMRC.
- Advising a wealth manager regarding the VAT treatment of its investment products.
- Working together with a university to achieve a VAT refund of £1.2m in relation to the refurbishment of building.
- Working together with a manufacturer to avoid the requirement to pay VAT of £1.2m on historical property transfers to a SIPP
- Advising a charity on the VAT liability of their income which resulted in an annual saving of £300k on lease charges.
Outside of work when not running round after his two young children, Callum enjoys long walks with his Bedlington Terrier and travelling to different countries.