Leonora’s background is in providing tax advice and compliance to high net worth individuals, wealthy families and partnerships. Her client base ranges from landed estates with their accompanying enterprises, to owner-managed businesses. In both cases her primary interests are in advising the individual family members whose wealth is derived from these enterprises. Her current role is focused on the advisory aspect however with her predominately compliance based experience she is able to combine both skills to provide an all-round service to her clients.
Leonora presents annually to a range of investment advisors on Budget updates, as well as speaking at internal events.
Leonora joined Saffery 2012, after having trained at another leading private client firm. As part of her training, she undertook a secondment in Geneva.
Leonora was awarded silver in the ‘Accountant of the Year – Director’ category at the Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2019, and was also named in the Private Client Global Elite Directory 2021.
Listen to Private Wealth Podcasts which Leonora took part in.
- Inheritance tax planning for trustees and individuals to mitigate their exposure, incorporating succession planning.
- Advising individuals on the optimum method of withdrawing funds from their offshore EBTs, following settlement with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- Recommending the best structure for a family trust selling development land and how to optimise the availability of reliefs.
- Providing advice regarding the ownership of a holiday home overseas held by an offshore company and the UK tax implications of selling the property.
- Reporting to trustees of an offshore trust on the impact of bringing the trust onshore, and the effect this would have on the UK and non-UK beneficiaries.
- Delivering accounts and tax return services across complex family groups ensuring that the tax planning undertaken is declared correctly to HMRC.
Leonora lives in Bath with her husband and two children. Outside work, Leonora is a keen open water swimmer, runner and cross country skier. As part of relay teams, she has swum across the Channel (twice) and Lake Zurich, and swum solo across the Solent.