Lisa heads up a Family Office Team in Guernsey, managing offshore structures for ultra-high net worth families, focusing on the Middle East. Lisa works in partnership with clients’ family offices, providing a tailored support service focused on individual client needs. Lisa adds value by providing proactive strategic input to the clients’ family office deliberations, becoming a trusted adviser at the family office table.
She has particular expertise in Middle Eastern structures, with an essential understanding of Shari’a Law and the devolution of Middle Eastern Estates in conjunction with complex trust and company structures. In addition, Lisa also specialises in dealing with luxury assets and exotic investments.
Lisa also manages structures involving substantial fine art, antiquities and jewellery which are exhibited globally and liaises with the clients’ specialist art advisers. Lisa and the team have developed, over time, a key understanding of the complexity and specialist knowledge regarding the acquisition of art related assets and is therefore able to identify and manage the associated risk and provide a value added service.
Lisa is involved in business development for the fiduciary business and is co-lead for the firm’s Cayman offering launched in 2020. Lisa is also responsible for the Guernsey office’s headline Corporate Social Responsibility initiative.
Born and educated in Guernsey and a Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Lisa has worked in the trust industry since 1986. She joined Saffery Champness in 2010, having worked for a leading bank-owned international trust company.
Lisa’s accolades include being appointed as a presiding judge for the 2017-18 STEP Private Client Awards and has since become a Member of the Panel of Experts. Lisa also features in Legal Week’s 2021 Private Client Global Elite Directory – Trustees category; Eprivateclient’s 50 Most Influential 2020; Citywealth Powerwomen International Top 100 2019, Citywealth Leaderslist’s Top 20 Trustees 2020 and Top 20 Family Office Advisors 2021. Lisa has also won the Gold Award at the Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2021 for Outstanding Individual of the Year and Trustee of the Year.
Lisa also has contributed to several publications on family office, art and impact investing.
- Secured a Blessing from the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands for a Momentous Decision for the distribution of high value and complex trust assets under Shari’a Law to the settlor’s named heirs who formed part of a wider beneficial class of beneficiaries – AA v. BB & Colin Shaw (as amicus curiae).
- Trusteeship, administration, cash flow management, investment monitoring and reporting for a billion dollar structure for a prominent Middle Eastern family, housing commercial and residential property, property development interests, hotel operations, private assets and marketable investments.
- Establishment and administration and acting as Trustee and Director of a substantial Art Foundation and underlying company that bails art and antiquities to Museums and Exhibitions around the world. Establishment, administration and acting as Director of companies that acquire, hold and lend art and antiquities to private collections for exhibition. Understanding, managing and mitigating key risks with culturally important and historic pieces of art and antiquities from various jurisdictions. Understanding the complexities and sensitivities involving confidentiality, provenance, attribution and authenticity in relation to the acquisition, export, bailment and exhibition of art and antiquities in different countries.
- Structuring, development and operational management of a substantial £200 million+ UK private residence.
- Structuring, acquisition, build, operation and sale of a private Boeing 747-800 and a €220 million+ super yacht.
Lisa’s interests include sea swimming, travel, reading and spending time with her family.