Lizzie is a Partner within the Private Wealth and Estates Group in London, having joined the firm in 2011 from a Private Bank. Her role is to coordinate the services which the firm provides to the UHNW clients on which she works and to identify opportunities for those families to save either money or time.
She works with families to support them in all aspects of their financial affairs; providing tax advice on transactions or events, and overseeing the compliance work for all related entities, such as companies, trusts and partnerships.
Many of Lizzie’s clients have an international angle to their affairs and she frequently works with their other advisers to provide a multi-jurisdictional approach to managing their assets.
Lizzie regularly writes articles and contributes to the firm’s various publications.
- Evaluating the suitability of family investment companies and advising on their use for families undertaking inter-generational tax planning, focussing particularly on governance and succession issues.
- Reviewing families’ exposure to inheritance tax and identifying opportunities to mitigate the tax due.
- Assisting and supporting clients with complex analysis of historic tax positions with the goal that any additional disclosures to HM Revenue & Customs are comprehensive and can allow a swift conclusion to the subsequent enquiries.
- Advising clients arriving in or departing from the UK on the Statutory Residence Test to enable them to understand their tax position and to arrange their finances in a tax efficient manner.
- Advising on the use of the Remittance Basis and tax planning for long-term UK residents.
Lizzie lives in South West London with her family. Outside of work she enjoys running, tennis and skiing.