Director, High Wycombe
Luke is a director in our High Wycombe office, providing an all-around service to a range of clients from landed estates to international commercial groups.
Luke’s background is highly technical, holding both Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor qualifications, as well as a doctorate in particle physics. He likes to use these skills to look at client’s problems in the round and propose holistic solutions.
When working with private clients, Luke likes to get a rounded understanding of their aims so commercial matters can be balanced with family, heritage and private priorities.
Luke has a broad portfolio of clients, working with UK subsidiaries of large US chains, landed estates involved in property rental and commercial enterprises, international pharmaceutical groups and veterinary hospitals. He uses this wide experience to bring novel insight to his clients.
- Delivering a group audit on tight timescale for a large, international AIM listed group.
- Rebasing a family trust’s interests to ensure an equitable settlement for all beneficiaries
- Walking a client through the step up from minimal small company accounts to consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Communicating with wide audiences to identify effective ways of delivering complex financial information
- Interrogating financial statements for a group preparing to list on the AIM market.
- Advising on tax-efficient strategies to exit a business
Luke is married with two young children, and lives in Oxfordshire. Outside of work, his main passion is theatre and is often found taking part in the local pantomime.