Steven is a private client tax specialist who advises high net worth individuals, both domiciled in the UK and outside the UK, and their families. He enjoys developing relationships with clients and their advisers to ensure he understands their needs and can add value where required.
Steven trained with a local trust company in Jersey and draws upon this strong experience and links to be able to provide advice to international family offices and trustees.
Steven joined Saffery in July 2018. He has completed the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification and is a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA). He is also an affiliate member of STEP, following the completion of the Advanced Certificate in UK tax for International clients in which he obtained a distinction. Steven has been listed in the 2018 Citywealth Top 100 Future Leaders, the 2020 eprivateclient Top 35 under 35, and the 2023 eprivateclient NextGen Leaders list.
- Tax planning for international clients who are arriving or leaving the UK, including advice in relation to the UK Statutory Residence Test, their domicile position and the use of the remittance basis, including remittance planning,
- Advising individuals domiciled outside the UK on structuring their financial affairs prior to commencing UK tax residence,
- Providing advice to individuals, trustees and directors on the implications of purchasing, holding and disposing of UK residential property and winding up structures holding UK residential property,
- Assisting clients in bringing their UK tax compliance up-to-date, including disclosing prior non-compliance to HM Revenue & Customs,
- Assisting UK and international private clients and their families with their UK tax reporting and compliance obligations,
- Working with advisers in overseas jurisdictions to provide comprehensive advice that considers the client’s worldwide tax position.
Outside work, Steven is a keen runner, active gym goer and always looking for a new challenge. When Steven’s not out running, he likes to explore the many restaurants and bars the City of London has to offer.