There are a variety of different paths to a great career in business. We are here to help you explore your options, so you can be sure you do what is right for you. After all, it is your future.
Our school leavers programme offers an opportunity where you will develop valuable skills, work towards gaining a professional qualification, enjoy challenging hands-on work experience, learn from exceptional people and earn a full-time salary – straight after doing your A Levels.
We work with high quality tuition providers to support your development, including the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and Institute of Chartered Accountants for Scotland (ICAS).
Whatever path you take, working in a top 20 professional services firm like Saffery Champness will give you the experience and development opportunities you need to have an exceptional future ahead of you.
Why Saffery Champness?
- The opportunity to work on real life client assignments.
- A first class training and development programme.
- A personal approach – you will get to know our partners and they will be easily accessible to you, as well as being genuinely committed to your training and development.
- A friendly, yet professional and demanding working environment offering a whole host of social activities.
What we can offer you
We want to give you the best possible start to your career. Our salary and benefits packages are competitive with the top quartile in the industry, while our commitment to top-quality training is equally impressive.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a training contract at Saffery Champness, the application process has several steps:
1) Complete an online application form. For accountancy and tax roles you will need at least 300 UCAS points (expected or obtained), along with excellent GCSEs with a minimum of B in Maths and English (or equivalent). For all other school leaver programmes, please refer directly to the job specification. Make sure your application has no spelling or grammatical errors, as these will most likely result in an automatic rejection.
2) We will send you a request to complete written numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
3) If the tests go well, a member of our HR team will call you for an initial telephone interview, followed by a short personality questionnaire.
4) Candidates still under consideration at this point will be invited to an assessment day. If you are successful, you will receive an official offer shortly after.
Click here to view a list of our current vacancies.
Download our Training Opportunities Brochure