Saffery Champness are looking for an efficient office administrator to join our Inverness office. You will work with the Partners’ Secretary and technical team to provide a range of support and administrative tasks as needed. The job holder should be outgoing and resilient, with excellent organisation and communication skills. Self-motivation and a positive approach to work are essential.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are not intended to be exhaustive and may be extended. The individual may also be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities that may assist with the smooth running of the firm or the Inverness office or with the efficiency or commitments of fee-earners:
- Reception duties, answering the telephone and providing hospitality to visitors
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, including filing and electronic distribution
- Collation and preparation of documents – for meetings, letters, letters of engagement, reports, proofing – all in line with the company’s corporate image policy
- Maintaining the database (Advance)
- Organise confidential filing, client’s records and archiving
- Monitoring and ordering stationary supplies
- Travel arrangements when needed
- Ad-hoc support to the technical team where needed.
- Cover support for Partners’ Secretary
The individual should be/have:
- Highly organised – able to organise self and those they support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – become a point of contact in the group and to our internal clients (fee-earners).
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Be able to prioritise work.
- Keep on top of workloads and deadlines and prioritisation of tasks.
- Discreet and understanding of importance of confidentiality.
- Willing, positive and flexible attitude.
- Proud to go the extra mile.
- Flexibility and agility in working hours.
- Happy doing basic, repetitive tasks as well the more exciting/challenging parts.
- Education and experience
- The following experience would be beneficial:
- Proficient use in Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- The role would be ideally suited to a school or college leaver looking to start their career in a professional office.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining