If you are thinking about a career in accountancy or tax but remain unsure about what kind of firm you think would best suit you, one of our summer intern placements will provide you with a good insight.
The scheme runs for six to eight weeks every summer and provides a valuable insight, not just into the workings of a top 20 accountancy firm, but also the unique culture of Saffery Champness.
We understand that entering a new workplace, particularly on a temporary placement, can be an intimidating experience. That is why we go out of our way to make you feel not just welcome, but fully-integrated into the firm, giving you a full induction to help you acclimatise.
As an intern, you will be partnered with a dedicated mentor whose job it is to ensure your placement is enjoyable and challenging. During your time with us, you will benefit from a basic bookkeeping course. Your mentor will chart your progress and provide regular feedback during informal appraisals.
Applicants need the following qualifications:
- A 2:1 degree (expected or obtained) in any discipline
- Minimum 120 UCAS points, or equivalent, gained at one sitting
- Minimum grade 6 (or B) in GCSE/Nationals English language and maths
How to apply
There are a few different stages to our application process, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a personal touch at each stage. You will get to speak to current members of staff early on in your application process, giving you the opportunity to ask any questions on their experiences at the firm and get a feel for what the culture is like.
The steps are as follows:
- Fill out an application form online, making sure you are careful with grammar and spelling. If you have extenuating circumstances that have affected your grades please get in touch with the team at E: [email protected]
- If successful, you will be asked to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test
- If these go well, you will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Early Careers Team.
- Candidates still under consideration at this point will be invited to a video interview with HR or an assessment day that includes a partner interview and case study exercise.