Fuelled by outstanding programmes, such as Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and Mr Selfridge, the television industry continues to be one of the most popular forms of entertainment available, with the average British viewer still watching 20 hours or more per week.
This is despite a huge challenge from other forms of entertainment, such as the internet and video games.
To meet the demand for television and other creative sector content, the UK government has put in place a series of Creative Sector Tax Reliefs for Film, High End Television, Animation, Children’s Television and Video Games.
How our experts can help you
We specialise in providing bespoke advice on how clients can maximise their existing business and take advantage of new opportunities. Our award winning Film and Television Team have unrivalled expertise in all areas of business relating to the television industry.
We work with a variety of clients, including:
- Production companies.
- Behind and in front of camera talent.
- Post production houses.
Our services include:
- Advice on claiming the High End Television, Children’s Television and Animation Tax Relief.
- Structuring advice for programme makers on co-productions and Schedule 1 British qualifying television programmes.
- Auditor’s and accountant’s reports, and letters of comfort to financiers.Distribution and television royalty audits.
- Advice on alternative sources of funding, including equity, soft money and bank gap for film finances.
- Assistance with government sponsored incentives, such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and its application to television.
- Taxation advice for television personnel, both UK resident and overseas.
- VAT advice, including assistance with registration, company set-up and administration.
- Statutory annual accounts, auditing and corporation tax return filing.