Advising individuals and businesses across the film industry is what our team does best.
With a long history of advising producers and exhibitors, to cast and crew, post-production houses, financiers and distributors, our passion and unmatched knowledge for film accountancy services is what drives us to fulfil our clients’ demands.
In the highly complex world of film production finances, we’ve worked on Hollywood blockbusters, independent films, art house titles and low and micro-budget features.
Films we’ve worked on include:
- Banshees of Inisherin,
- Knives Out 2 – Glass Onion,
- Pinocchio, and
- No Time to Die.
Away from production, we provide a wide range of audit and accountancy advice to financiers, distributors, studios and companies in the post-production sector, along with advice on employment tax issues and tax planning opportunities.
How we can help you
Our services include:
- Structuring advice for filmmakers on co-productions and Schedule 1 British qualifying films,
- Helping maximise the UK Film Tax Relief available to British qualifying films,
- Assistance with monitoring, compliance and liaison with the British Film Institute (BFI) and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC),
- Auditor’s and accountant’s reports, and letters of comfort to financiers,
- Distribution and film royalty audits,
- Assistance with government sponsored incentives such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and its application to film,
- Tax advice regarding corporate structures, both in the UK and overseas,
- Guidance on tax and social security-efficient filming in the UK and overseas,
- Advice on withholding tax for film performers in the UK and overseas,
- VAT advice, including assistance with registration, company set-up and administration,
- Statutory annual accounts, auditing and corporation tax return filing,
- Business risk services and corporate governance,
- Corporate finance services, including disposals, mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, management buy-ins, reporting accountant, valuations, operations and post-deal services, private equity and funding, due diligence, and flotations and initial public offerings, and
- Tax services, including corporate tax, VAT and employer solutions.