Are you looking for a graduate accounting job or graduate tax job? At Saffery Champness we offer our graduate trainees first-class training and development programme, designed to lay the foundations for an exceptional career.
In return, you can play a major part in our ongoing success story. From early on in your time with us, you will be entrusted with real client assignments and real responsibilities.
Graduate accounting and tax jobs
We offer excellent opportunities for accounting graduates and tax graduates to train as Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers. During your accountancy training you will undertake programmes of external study with high quality tuition providers. Our trainees study with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW), the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Our tax trainees have the opportunity to study with the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT), the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the ICAEW (for those studying for the ACA-CTA joint qualification).
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A 2:1 degree (expected or obtained) in any discipline
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points, or equivalent, gained at one sitting
- Excellent GCSE/National results with a minimum grade B/6 in English language and maths.
Why Saffery Champness?
- The opportunity to work on real life client assignments.
- A first class training and development programme.
- A personal approach – you will get to know our partners and they will be easily accessible to you, as well as being genuinely committed to your training and development.
- A friendly, yet professional and challenging working environment offering a whole host of social activities.
What we can offer you
We want to give you the best possible start to your career. Our salary and benefits packages are competitive with the top quartile in the industry, while our commitment to top-quality training is equally impressive.
How to apply
There are a few different stages to our application process, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a personal touch at each stage. You will get to speak to current members of staff early on in your application process, giving you the opportunity to ask any questions on their experiences at the firm and get a feel for what the culture is like.
The steps are as follows:
- Fill out an application form online, making sure you are careful with grammar and spelling. If you have extenuating circumstances which have affected your grades please get in touch with the team at E: [email protected]
- If successful, you will be asked to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test
- If these go well, you will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Early Careers team
- Candidates still under consideration at this point will be invited to a video interview with HR or an assessment day which includes a partner interview and case study exercise.