There are a variety of different paths to a great career in business. We are here to help you explore your options, so you can be sure you do what is right for you. After all, it is your future.
Our school leavers programme offers an opportunity to develop valuable skills, work towards gaining a professional qualification, enjoy challenging hands-on work experience, learn from exceptional people and earn a full-time salary – straight after school or college.
We work with high quality tuition providers to support your development, including the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), Institute of Chartered Accountants for Scotland (ICAS) and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Whatever path you take, working in a top 20 professional services firm like Saffery Champness will give you the experience and development opportunities you need to have an exceptional future ahead of you.
Why Saffery Champness?
- The opportunity to work on real life client assignments.
- A first class training and development programme.
- A personal approach – you will get to know our partners and they will be easily accessible to you, as well as being genuinely committed to your training and development.
- A friendly, yet professional and challenging working environment offering a whole host of social activities.
What we can offer you
We want to give you the best possible start to your career. Our salary and benefits packages are competitive with the top quartile in the industry, while our commitment to top-quality training is equally impressive.
- Minimum 120 UCAS points in your A Levels (or equivalent)
- Minimum B (or 6) in GCSE Maths and English language (or equivalent)
How to apply
There are a few different stages to our application process, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a personal touch at each stage. You will get to speak to current members of staff early on in your application process, giving you the opportunity to ask any questions on their experiences at the firm and get a feel for what the culture is like.
The steps are as follows:
- Fill out an application form online, making sure you are careful with grammar and spelling. If you have extenuating circumstances which have affected your grades please get in touch with the team at [email protected]
- If successful, you will be asked to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test.
- If these go well, you will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Early Careers Team.
- Candidates still under consideration at this point will be invited to a video interview with HR or an assessment day that includes a partner interview and case study exercise.