Authenticity, competence, and discretion are the cornerstones of my professional life. My own experience of trying to open doors and seeking access or guidance has left me keen to be a facilitator for others, whether they be clients, fellow professionals, colleagues or simply those who don’t know where, or to whom, to turn.
With over 20 years’ experience as a lawyer and now working under three separate regulators, integrity and accountability are extremely important to me and must be to those I work with. It is important to me to create client and professional relationships that endure, not only in the good times, but also the more trying times.
Working in a collegiate firm, surrounded by excellent colleagues who share these values, is one of the principal attractions to life at Saffery Trust. I am also very fortunate that my role combines my professional values with my personal interests, working with the most dynamic and interesting clients.
Having travelled extensively and worked internationally during my time with Saffery Trust, I have been incredibly fortunate to work with the firm’s unparalleled client base. I have also established a diverse international network of experts across a broad spectrum of professional services.
Essentially, my role is about connecting the right people to each other to deliver the most appropriate solution. Having established the firm’s Dubai office, I act as the regional representative and the primary link between the firm’s non-UAE services and our network across the Gulf Corporation Council (GCC) and Middle East and North Africa (MENA) regions.
I enjoy meeting clients and intermediaries internationally and I also appear at international conferences as a speaker, event host or organiser. I am also a contributor to legal and technical publications.
- Structuring for entrepreneurs and their families.
- Asset and reputation protection.
- Advising very high-profile international clients.
- Pan-generational wealth transfer and governance.
- Liaison with external advisers and litigation coordination.
- Regulatory and legal compliance.
- Member of firmwide National Practice Group for Sport & Entertainment.
- Regular panellist and host at international conferences.
Professional memberships and listings
- Admitted to Law Society of England and Wales in 2001
- Member of the Private Taxes Committee of the International Bar Association
- Private Client Global Elite 2022/23
- Private Client Global Elite 2021/22
- Recognised as one of the UK’s Top 35 under 35 private client practitioners in 2011