Ajay is General Counsel to the Guernsey office and works with the board and senior leadership to provide legal counsel and guidance, including assisting with contentious matters.
Ajay has advised international entrepreneurial clients throughout his career and has been in private practice and in-house roles in London, Jersey and Guernsey.
Ajay was an external adviser to Saffery Champness before he joined the firm in 2009 and in 2011 he was recognised as one of the UK’s Top 35 under 35 private client practitioners.
Ajay is a member of the Private Taxes Committee of the International Bar Association and is a regular panelist at international conferences. He was admitted to the Law Society of England & Wales in 2001.
Since 2018, Ajay divides his time between Guernsey and Dubai, where he is a Director of the firm’s DIFC operation and he travels extensively on behalf of the firm, meeting with professional advisers and assisting with strategic and client management matters.
- Trust and corporate structuring for entrepreneurs and their families.
- Asset and reputation protection.
- Advising very high profile international clients.
- Pan-generational wealth transfer and governance.
- Liaison with external advisers and litigation coordination.
- Regulatory and legal compliance.
Ajay is an enthusiastic fan of football, cricket and motorsport. He tries to keep fit and also takes a keen interest in music production.