Accounts Assistant – Bristol
Due to restructuring and growth, the Bristol office of Saffery Champness are looking for a Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant to assist with the day-to-day Accounts work for our clients.
You will be working closely with the Accounts & Trusts team from our Bristol Office.
Your bookkeeping and accounts duties will include:
- Recording transactions such as income and outgoings, and posting to various accounts
- Processing payments
- Producing various financial reports
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements and investment reports
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of Management accounts
- Assisting with preparation of year end accounts
You will also have varying administrative duties that include:
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clients
- Arranging and preparing papers for client meetings
- Assisting with fee quotes and billing process
Assisting with administration relating to us acting as the Registered office for our clients
- Assisting the team in monitoring targets throughout the year
Our Bristol office location is in Clifton and consists of approximately 80 staff. This is made up of 6 Partners, 6 Directors, and a whole cohort of Senior Managers all the way down to Trainees. The Accounts & Trusts team consists of roughly 25 staff.
As the successful Bookkeeper/Accounts assistant, you will ideally have an AAT Qualification or be qualified by experience. We are prioritising candidates who have a few years’ experience within an accountancy practice but a few years within industry will also be considered.
You must have a ‘Team Player’ mindset but also be capable of completing the task with little support. Training and support will be provided of course.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.